8.4.08

Stand Still

April 6, 2008

I'm standing still, afraid to move out of reach of this small ray of light seeping through a hole in this dark lonely bubble I seem to be trapped in...

I'm standing so still, but my spirit is groping -- moving around, searching for answers, for direction, for the broken pieces of me that have fallen off...

And until my spirit and me reunite, I wish to remain standing still, waiting for such time when there's no more need to seek answers, that there's only one obvious direction to take, and the broken pieces have regenerated -- making me feel whole again.

... Sweet sorrow is the gold tomorrow...
sweet sorrow is the gold tomorrow...


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Am I standing still beneath the darkened sky?
Am I standing still -- with the scenery flying by?
Oh am I standing still?
Out of the corner of my eye, was that you passing me by?
- Standing Still (Jewel)